Hi friends! Today I have a mouthwatering, super simple and DELICIOUS recipe to share with you! Since going Paleo, one of the hardest things for me is finding a Paleo-friendly recipe that takes minimal time to make for lunch. With a 9 month old who is nearly running at this point, it's hard to stand in the kitchen for more than 15 minutes to make lunch without discovering she's stuffed a load of dog food in her mouth. I've also found that I really miss crunchy food, as there isn't as much crunch to most foods that aren't processed as things like potato chips, etc.
This Paleo-friendly recipe gives a way to get some really great crunchiness in your life, it's extremely quick and simple, and it's grain-free, nut-free, dairy-free, and my favorite: GUILT-FREE! In fact, I even featured this Paleo-friendly recipe on my Paleo Week Two Meal Plan, so be sure to check that out if you're looking for additional inspiration!
What You Need:
- Sliced turkey (3 pieces roughly for each roll up)
- 1 piece of bacon for each roll up
- Fresh, clean romaine lettuce
- Tomato slices
- Celery "string"
- Cook your bacon in a pan, cooking however many you intend to make following the 1 slice per roll up.
- While your bacon is cooking, lay your turkey slices out 3 at a time, slightly overlapping - so when you roll them up, they'll cover all the insides.
- Cut up the lettuce however you prefer, making enough to fill your roll ups.
- Slice tomatoes to make at least 1 tomato slice per roll up. [Note: you may want to make smaller slices or even cubes so they fit in the roll up.]
- Cut some celery into strings so you can tie the roll ups together.
- Finally, assemble and enjoy! Yes, it's that easy.
If y'all know of a Paleo-friendly recipe I need to know about, link it in the comments below! I love sharing and finding new recipes all the time! I also have a Pinterest board dedicated to Paleo-friendly recipe stuff, and pretty much all things Paleo.