Yes, seriously. Paleo-friendly banana bread, friends! I have a horrible problem with buying bananas for snacks and forgetting to eat most of them, so I decided to try and make a Paleo-friendly banana bread with my ripened bananas. As you know, we're following a Paleo lifestyle in an effort to ditch processed foods and lose weight. I made this Paleo-friendly banana bread and because I added cinnamon, I wasn't able to eat it. I have a horrible allergy to cinnamon that leaves my stomach in monumental amounts of pain! However, I decided to make some for my husbear (shout out to Kelsey for that word!) and he LOVED it. I asked him to rate it from 1-10 (he's pretty brutally honest about not liking food) and he gave it a 10! Success in my book. Without further ado, here is the recipe!
Paleo-friendly banana bread:
- 6 cage free, grass fed eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup organic honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2-4 mashed ripened bananas
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and stir together until the consistency is smooth. Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a bread loaf pan and pour the mixture in.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes and test with a fork or toothpick in the center to make sure it's done!
- Let bread cool for 10-15 minutes and take out of the pan. Enjoy and don't feel guilty because it's healthy! 😉