Alright, so. It's Summer and I'm making chili. Not only is it Summer, but it's Summer in Arizona. I'm a little crazy, but honestly this recipe is so worth it that you'll understand the first time you make it! Husbear appropriately named this chili "Cavewoman" chili, because hey - I'm the one cooking it, why shouldn't I get all the credit, right? 😉 Or perhaps he was making fun of me. You can never be too sure with him!
The lovely thing about this Paleo cavewoman chili is that it's 100% healthy and guilt-free! I have to admit that I'm kind of glad we can't have beans on Paleo or Whole30 because I really can't stand them, and because I omitted them from this chili, I actually enjoyed chili for once! I've always liked the taste of chili, but the beans just ruined it for me, so I'm happy to report that this is my new favorite chili recipe forever and ever!
- 2 lbs grass-fed ground beef
- 2 tbsp. grass-fed butter
- 2 cans 14 oz. tomato sauce
- 1/2 white or yellow onion
- 1 cup free range chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. cumin
- 2-3 tbsp. chili powder (this depends on how much you love spicy food)
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. cayenne
- 4 oz. cold coffee
- 8 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp. sliced chives (optional)
- 2 tbsp shredded cheese (optional)
- 2 tbsp shredded real bacon garnish (optional)
- Saute the onions in your 2 tbsp. of butter.
- Add ground beef, minced garlic, and brown the beef most of the way.
- Then, throw everything in the slow cooker with all of the spices, coffee, tomato sauce, and broth.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 4-5 hours.
- Serve with sliced chives on top & a little shredded cheese if you eat dairy!
- Enjoy a delicious guilt-free meal!