I've recently discovered the awesomeness that is cast iron cooking. Have you ever used a cast iron skillet in your cooking? It's honestly a huge game changer and I'm kicking myself for not getting one sooner! I decided to whip up this chicken thighs recipe with some of my favorite veggies in a creamy garlic white wine sauce (fancy, I know)! I used chicken thighs for this dish because they typically harbor a lot more flavor and I didn't want it to be too bland. Plus, chicken thighs have been on sale a lot lately and I'm always one to cook around the deals! This one pot chicken thighs recipe is one of my favorites for busy week nights!
I got my new cast iron skillet at my local Kroger store because they were having a screaming deal on them, but you could just as easily grab one from Amazon. Once you get it, make sure to season it and take proper care of it so it'll last you through decades of cooking! This is perfect timing for me since we are getting ready to move across the country and I'll want to be cooking lots of one pot dinners. For more food pictures and recipes, follow me on Instagram or Pinterest! Without further adieu, here is the delicious One Pot Creamy Garlic Chicken Thighs recipe!
- 20 oz boneless chicken thighs (skin on or off, whichever you prefer)
- 8-10 baby potatoes (I usually combine baby red potatoes and baby gold potatoes)
- 1 bundle of asparagus
- 15 garlic cloves
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup white wine of your preference (I used Angel Food cupcake wine, no shame)
- 1 1/2 tbsp plain greek yogurt
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil (I used Meyer Lemon Olive Oil from the Queen Creek Olive Mill)
- Season the chicken thighs with sea salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place the chicken thighs and sliced potatoes in 2 tbsp of olive oil in the pan and cook until they have a nice golden brown sear and crisp on each side. Then, remove the chicken.
- Next, add the cloves of garlic to the olive oil and potatoes that are still in the pan and let the garlic get slightly browned.
- Add the chicken back in along with the asparagus, chicken broth, white wine, and greek yogurt. Then lower the heat to simmer and reduce the sauce.
- Remove your skillet from heat and enjoy!